Caring for an aging loved one can be exhausting, and overwhelming. OASIS and PALS Adult Day Centers specializes in Alzheimer and dementia care, offering therapeutic activities for seniors, and allowing caregivers a much-needed break. Financial assistance is available, with no income requirements. With over 32 years of experience, we are here to help you navigate through your caregiving journey. Call us today for a tour, 559-221-0396.
OASIS Program Features
- Open Monday-Friday 7:30am-5:30pm.
- Affordable lunch option ($3.75 per lunch).
- Opportunity to socialize and make new friends.
- The OASIS is designed for people with mild to advance stages of Alzheimer's or with memory impairment.
- Participants must meet and maintain program qualifications to be enrolled at the OASIS Adult Day Center.
PALS Program Features
- Open Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9am-3pm.
- Affordable lunch option.
- PALS is designed for people in the early stages of Alzheimer's or with a mild memory impairment.
- Participants must meet and maintain program qualifications to be enrolled at the PALS Adult Day Center.
- Medi-Cal will not cover the cost of the programs.
- Financial Assistance Available with no income requirements. Financial assistance is available through private donations and a grant through the Fresno-Madera Area on Aging.
- Attendance options to fit in almost anyone's budget.
Tips for Transition and Enrollment
Ways to explain OASIS and PALS to your loved one.
- Fun, fellowship, and good food! Highlight the social aspects and down-play the care aspects of the center. OASIS and PALS can be described as a senior center or a coffee club.
- Discuss the productive aspects of the center: volunteering, helping others, and working on community service projects.
- Have the doctor suggest the use of the center, and ask the doctor to write an order or prescription for the program.
Final Thought: The biggest hurdle will be having your loved one agree to attend for a month. With our experience it takes this long for the full benefit of our program to be realized by you and your loved one.
David Reed- Program Manager
Stephani Gunther- Site Coordinator