Interested in becoming a Registered HICAP Volunteer!
As a HICAP volunteer you will help Medicare Beneficiaries make choices about how they receive their prescription drugs and health care services. You will be trained on Medicare benefits and exclusions and receive reference materials for use on the phone or in the field. Here are some of the duties that HICAP volunteers fulfill:
- Counsel persons needing help with Medicare
- Provide administrative support in the HICAP office
- Participate in outreach activities throughout your community
- Provide educational presentations to the public
- Distribute HICAP and Medicare brochures at health fairs and other community events
- Work on special projects
Our Fresno-Madera HICAP office is located at 3845 N. Clark Street, suite 201 in the Wawona Building. Please contact us at (559) 224-9117.
We are open 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Funded by Fresno-Madera Area Agency on Aging